- Non-refundable application fee of $75 (USD)
- Official Transcripts from all colleges/universities attended (This is typically a lengthy process, so plan accordingly). Foreign applications must be translated into English prior to being received by UHSA. Transcripts should be sent to: University of Health Sciences Antigua C/O Marketing and Recruitment Office 900 W. Jackson Blvd. Suite 7 East Chicago, IL 60607
- 2 (two) 2×2 Passport size Photos
- Copy of Passport (if available)
- Two (2) official Letters Of Recommendation (LOR) from individuals who can evaluate past academic and/or professional achievements These letters must be in English and appear on original letterhead stationery. LOR’s must be sent directly from the individual giving the recommendation. Letters sent from the applicant will not be accepted.
- Personal Statement The personal statement is your opportunity to give additional information about yourself to the Medical School. You should state in no less than 400 words why you are interested in a medical career, when you first became aware of this interest and what your plans are for the future if you are accepted into the medical program. Please also explain your personal experience within the field. It is suggested that you include: participation in voluntary work, experience in research projects, community work, and any other important information you would like the Admissions Committee to know about you. Your application to the Medical School will not be evaluated without a Personal Statement.
- Medical College Admission Test (MCAT): MCAT is required for all U.S. citizens and permanent residents applying for admission to the school of medicine. Canadian and International students are not required to submit MCAT scores. Although the MCAT is a part of the admissions criteria, UHSA takes more of a holistic approach to admission decisions by evaluating the academic credentials, experiences and personal attributes of all applicants. To learn more about the MCAT or to register for the exam, visit the AAMC website.
Entrance RequirementsA Bachelor’s degree or 90 undergraduate level credit hours are required for admission to UHSA School of Medicine. The minimum GPA requirement for consideration of admission to the School of Medicine is 3.0. Coursework must include the following prerequisites prior to enrolling at UHSA:
|General Biology (with lab)||8 Credits|
|General or Inorganic Chemistry (with lab)||8 Credits|
|Organic Chemistry (with lab)||8 Credits|
|General Physics with lab||8 Credits|
|College level Mathematics||3 Credits|
|College level English||6 Credits|
|College level Spanish||6 Credits|
|College level English||12 Credits (total)|
|Behavioral and Social Sciences||12 Credits*|
Non-Discrimination PolicyUHSA does not discriminate on the basis of age, creed, gender identity, national origin, race, sex, or sexual orientation. The School ensures that its learning environment promotes the development of explicit and appropriate professional attributes in its students such as attitudes, behaviors, and identity. If you have additional questions or require assistance, contact an admissions representative directly by calling 866.719.0302 (toll-free) 787.753.0253 Monday-Friday.
|Deadline Date||Semester Start Date|
|April 18th||May (Transfer Students)|